Mathematics Training and Talent Search Programme
The aim of the MTTS programme is to expose bright young students to the excitement of doing mathematics, to promote independent mathematical thinking and to prepare them for higher aspects of mathematics. The Mathematics Training and Talent Search Programme or MTTS is a summer training programme in India for mathematics, started at the B.Sc. (undergraduate) level, aimed to expose bright young minds to mathematics and equip them better for Ph.D. studies. It is funded by the National Board for Higher Mathematics, India. The organizer is Professor S. Kumaresan.
MTTS programme will be at three levels : Level 0, Level I and Level II.
- In Level 0 there will be courses in Linear Algebra, Analysis and Number Theory / Discrete Mathematics.
- In Levels I and II there will be courses on Algebra, Analysis and Topology. There will be seminars by students at all Levels.
MTTS Selection Process :
MTTS selection will be purely on merit, based on consistently good academic record and the recommendation letter from a mathematics professor closely acquainted with the candidate. Only selected candidates will be informed of their selection by the 14 - 20th March, 2012.
The list of selected candidates will be posted on the MTTS site.
Candidates selected for the MTTS programme will be paid sleeper class return train fare by the shortest route and will be provided with free board and lodging for the duration of the MTTS course.
Towards the Department of Mathematics, I will Coordinate MTTS programme for the year 2011-2012.
- We will select the student coordinators from each section and educate them about the MTTS programme.
- The student coordinators will explain and motivate their respective class students
- We will select the students for attending this programme based on their marks secured in Mathematics from 10th class onwards as per the eligibility criteria
- Also those students who are interested in doing research in mathematics
- We will select nearly 30 students for all levels both from UG & PG. We will train them from the beginning of the academic year. We assign some seminars in the regular classes and assign marks to their seminars. While sending the order of priority of the students to attend the Programme, we consider these marks.
Coordintor: P. Chandrakala